Talk

Advanced search

height

(9 Posts)
Vinniesbisqwits Tue 16-Aug-11 12:21:19

my daughter hasnt grown since january shes had periods for a year so is that it ? as tall as she will get, shes happy enough with it but I would have liked het to be a bit taller than that

mumeeee Wed 17-Aug-11 00:00:34

How old is she and what's her height.

My DD2 stopped growing at 12.. almost the day she started her periods..and is smallish at 5 ft 2 (however her boobs have just continued and she now is Dolly Parton proportions sad)

DD1 however didn't start her periods until she was nearly 15 and is 5 ft 8! I'm not sure the periods were the deciding factor but it definitely seemed to correlate.

Dd1 is 16 and 5'8. She started her periods at around 11. Dd2 started a bit later at about 12 and a half but is only 5'3 at 14 - not sure if she's stopped or not though and her boobs also seem to be still growing, unlike dd1's!

Salmotrutta Thu 18-Aug-11 00:30:15

Girls can keep growing up to around 16. So she could still have a bit to go. If she's happy with her present height though then that's fair enough.

Theas18 Thu 18-Aug-11 11:46:05

DD2 has had an odd (non serious_ hormonal thing going on so I have the answer to this one LOL.

Girls growth speed peaks before they start their periods and they may grow a little for 2yrs after they start but that's it then. THe ones who keep growing to 16 have a later puberty.

Medusa DD2 started her periods at 11 and a few months last summer. She has stopped growing I'm sure but optimistically lines her self up with her big sis still (sis is only 5'2, DD2 is just 5 foot I reckon but I daren't measure her). DD2 is also Dolly Parton esque. I'm just glad the bravissimo ladies are so lovely to her.

circular Fri 19-Aug-11 07:34:52

Watching this thread with interest.
DD1, 14 was tiny (4'10"" max) when starting secondary school at just turned 11. Had a 4" growth spurt in yr8 and started her periods around same time, age 12.5

In the last 18 months, she has grown another inch max, but also increased 5 or 6 bra cup sizes. And appears to be still growing in that region, although still only a 32" back size.

So it looks like 5'3 could be it. Not the end of the world, but I know she would like to be a couple of inches taller.

bigscarymum Mon 22-Aug-11 11:03:45

DD had fairly early puberty (started periods at 11). Was one of tallest when she had her growth spurt in year 6/7 and then stopped at 5'3" at the end of year 7. Has saved me a fortune in secondary school uniform smile!

mumslife Wed 24-Aug-11 12:19:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now