Talk

Advanced search

Birth control

(2 Posts)
Lilka Wed 03-Aug-11 15:00:19

DD2 is 15. She is very emotionally and socially delayed, but has now become interested in boys, and wants a boyfriend. Trouble is, being vulnerable and easily persuadable, I could see her agreeing to have sex with someone without understanding any of the implications, or worse, being coerced into it. So I really want her to be on some kind of birth control, since there is no way she would ever cope with a pregnancy

With DD1, we just had one discussion, she wanted the pill, and got it, all fine. But I don't think the pill will work for DD2. It will inevitable get lost or destroyed, and on a bad day she'd just refuse to take it

Does anyone have a DD using an implant or some other longer term method? Or does anyone have any experience with this, and can advise me how it works? Thanks!

Theas18 Wed 03-Aug-11 16:04:29

Implant would be ideal BUT the bigger question us how to keep her safe from what may well amount to abuse- dare I say she might have o little insight that she may have sex with anyone who us a bit nice to her??

Other alternative especially if she finds periods difficult would be the injection - more likely to stop periods completely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now