Talk

Advanced search

15yo's possible eating disorder

(7 Posts)
Ria28 Wed 03-Aug-11 11:54:11

My dsis(15) isn't eating much, and is restrained to the point of taking one bite of a biscuit and leaving the rest. She's not overweight, but I am and I wonder if she's trying to avoid getting big like me. She has CFS, which might be reducing her appetite (she says she's not hungry a lot), but I suspect the lack of food doesn't help her energy levels.

I'm getting frustrated with her because I'm concerned, but I'm sure there are better ways to talk to her. Can anyone tell me how to help?

ragged Wed 03-Aug-11 13:28:52

I think I'd ring somebody like BEAT for advice. Tel. 0845 634 7650 Esp. with the CFS in the mix.
I did have an ED, One of my cousins wanted me to jointly confront her sister for being anorexic for many years (turned out she had a giant tumour on her esophogaus instead!). And even I would want to get some prof. advice on how best to raise the concern.

Ria28 Wed 03-Aug-11 18:20:57

Thanks ragged, the website looks useful.

Butterflybows Thu 04-Aug-11 16:25:19

My dd16 has an eating disorder and what I've learnt is, as a parent, you need to act fast. If there is an eating disorder, then the longer it goes on, the more 'intrenched' it gets and the longer it (generally) takes to recover. I don't mean to panic you, but it's probably best not to wait and see...

shanishous Wed 10-Aug-11 18:39:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

AuntieMonica Wed 10-Aug-11 18:40:52

shanishous

you're really big, really clever and have been reported

<yawn>

shanishous Wed 10-Aug-11 18:47:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now