Talk

Advanced search

very sad,

(9 Posts)
crkm Mon 01-Aug-11 22:13:06

my dd's friend (16) committed suicide a few days ago. My dd feels so bad because she had seen her the day before, and thinks she should have known / helped in some way.

Hug your teens - however 'horrible' they are! - make sure they know they are loved!!

GypsyMoth Mon 01-Aug-11 22:14:24

oh poor dd,thats awful! so sorry to hear.

usualsuspect Mon 01-Aug-11 22:15:44

That is so sad sad

Tortington Mon 01-Aug-11 22:16:29

thats terrible. my dd had a similar experience when a girl she knew overdosed. it brings home their mortality, perhaps for the first time - its not like an old relative dying.

crkm Mon 01-Aug-11 22:23:40

I also lost a good friend when i was her age, and i have never forgotten after 20 years! I spent so much time worrying how i would cope when my dd was the same age as my friend was when she died - it didnt cross my mind to think about her being in the same position I was in - loosing a friend. sad

bbbbob Mon 01-Aug-11 22:28:50

Are you in the Midlands? Because same happened here - awful, awful.
Your poor DD, of course there was nothing she could have done, but its such a vulnerable age where I think friendships are so close and almost come before family, if that makes sense.

Maryz Tue 02-Aug-11 14:49:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

crkm Tue 02-Aug-11 22:13:29

dd has decided to get a tattoo as a tribute to her friend. but how can i oppose this even though i am against it? have tried to persuade her to get it put somewhere where it can be hidden but fear she will put it in the most obvious place! but at least I have her xx

Maryz Tue 02-Aug-11 23:00:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now