Talk

Advanced search

What, if anything, will/did your teen do for their 17th birthday?

(7 Posts)
mumblechum1 Thu 21-Jul-11 17:27:46

It's ds's birthday in Sept. I have always organised something, eg paintball or whatever, but the last year or two none of his mates have bothered for their 16ths (he's the oldest in his yr). He doesn't seem bothered but it would seem weird to me just to have anormal day, esp. as it's a Saturday.

He goes out most Sats to "field parties", literally they all go to the lake/river/field in the middle of nowhere and drink, fumble each other in the bushes etc, so I guess that would be the default option.

For his 18th we'll have a proper party, hire a hall or room in hotel or something.

Did your 17 yr olds do anything?

lilolilmanchester Thu 21-Jul-11 20:13:05

DS's mates went through a phase of going to "all you can eat" Chinese buffets or for a curry for birthdays when they were in lower 6th. What does your DS want to do?

Good that he's one of the oldest re 18ths, there are so many, they tend to all start looking alike after a while and it was sad to hear them talking about getting bored with parties as at least one most weekends. DS one of youngest and bd during exams, so just combined his 18th celebrations with prom/end of year celebrations.

mumeeee Thu 21-Jul-11 21:52:23

At 17 my children organised stuff themselves. DD3 went out for a nice meal with some friends.

mumblechum1 Thu 21-Jul-11 23:15:37

Thanks. He's a bit crap at organising anything, but will maybe book a big table at Zizzis or somewhere and I'll pay for the mains and a cake.

I think girls are a lot better, they seem much more organised.

mycatsaysach Thu 21-Jul-11 23:18:05

ds has just had his 17th - we went out for family dinner on the day and he had a load of his mates round for pizza/games/dvd/whatever another night

Theas18 Mon 25-Jul-11 11:56:08

I took DD and 3 of her mates to my mums caravan at butlins and let them "loose" - however that transpired what they really wanted to do was play on the beach and sit in under duvets and watch soppy movies whilst drinking pop and eating a lot of pringles LOL.

Dnno about DS I bet he'll forget to arrange his party!

slartybartfast Mon 25-Jul-11 16:29:50

He goes out most Sats to "field parties", literally they all go to the lake/river/field in the middle of nowhere and drink, fumble each other in the bushes etc, so I guess that would be the default option.

my ds does that too shock only he calls it camping hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now