Talk

Advanced search

Highs and lows of being a mum

(7 Posts)
shelley672 Sat 16-Jul-11 10:52:37

Hi,
I am a student and mum studying a design course with the Open University I am currently developing a board game about being a mum, for my course, and I would be really grateful for your thoughts. I need to create a list of good and bad things that happen to mums. These will then be used to create bonus and penalty cards for my game. As a mum to two girls aged three and four I have been able to list quite a few things but would be interested to hear from other mums what their experiences are. What are the things that make you happy in a day? What makes you pull you hair out?! It would be useful for me to know the ages of your children too.
Many thanks in advance for any feedback you can give me.
Shelley

Schtum Sat 16-Jul-11 16:57:00

Low Spot: Sleep deprivation!

1. As a Mum of babies/ toddlers (up with the larks making Weetabix and playing Fisher Price toys)

2. As a Mum of teen, unable to go to sleep properly until they're in from that party at two am and you've checked they're ok and not completely hammered

High Spot:

Your child (who is aged between these two ages) let's you sleep in at the weekend then brings you a cup of tea and toast in bed!

shelley672 Tue 19-Jul-11 17:03:28

Thanks for the ideas. Yes sleep deprivation is definitely one of the lows and affects everything else! I cant wait until my children can make a cup of tea!

dexter73 Tue 19-Jul-11 17:28:29

Being pooed on isn't much fun!
Tantrums in the supermarket.
Kids brought home by the police (not happened to me luckily!).
Being told they love you!

MaureenMLove Tue 19-Jul-11 17:33:51

Mum of teenaged girl.

Low points - going to your wardrobe to find your favourite pair of shoes, only to find they are currently on your dd's feet, dancing around at a disco! Same for favourite bra!! grin

High points - Coming home to find house tidy and dinner on the go.

Domesticbodess Tue 19-Jul-11 22:08:11

Teenaged girl's mum

Lows - when they decide to feet their legs 2 minutes before you all need to leave the house.

Highs - girly mum n daughter outings

shelley672 Sat 23-Jul-11 11:42:12

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. My game is taking shape and turning out to to be quite comical. Thanks for your input.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now