Talk

Advanced search

Present idea for 19yo

(13 Posts)
littlejosh Tue 05-Jul-11 10:08:47

Hello

Does anyone have any ideas for a bday present for a 19 yo, works full time, left home last year and has since returned. Lives with mum.

Im not sure what the norm is, these days...or is it just a card (as its not 18 or 21!)

Thanks

NetworkGuy Tue 05-Jul-11 11:51:52

might be worth mentioning whether they are male or female smile

mummytime Tue 05-Jul-11 12:10:23

If its not someone really close, iTunes or Amazong vouchers/card is usually appreciated! With a nice card.

littlejosh Tue 05-Jul-11 12:19:44

Its for DH son...we cant afford to give a big gift...so just wondering...thank you

Maryz Tue 05-Jul-11 12:39:16

If you don't want to do vouchers, try dvds or something like a T-shirt. TKMaxx do relatively affordable designer t-shirts. Or aftershave (can be expensive though). What is he interested in? You could get something sport related, for example.

I think as it is your dh's son he should get some sort of a present hmm. I'm 49 and my mum still buys me a token grin.

littlejosh Tue 05-Jul-11 12:47:54

Think it will be a good (brand) tee shirt then...off shopping tomorrow!

Thank you for the ideas all...

NetworkGuy Tue 05-Jul-11 12:54:52

Might be an idea to consider a ten quid Amazon gift card as well, if poss, so even if the T-shirt is of mild interest, the gift can go towards a personally chosen item in any category available (and they seem to cater for most tastes).

aliceliddell Tue 05-Jul-11 12:56:12

Driving lesson voucher?

littlejosh Tue 05-Jul-11 13:01:52

Drives already and he is quite into clothes and clubbing...so am hoping it will be ok smile...

toddle Tue 05-Jul-11 19:42:50

If he goes to the cinema could give him a gift card with money on for a couple of screenings and popcorn maybe? Well if they do them our local one does.

Usually get a update a week or so down the line that they went to see x film and it was 'bloody awesome'

chimchar Tue 05-Jul-11 19:50:33

Krispy kreme donuts do gift vouchers. I'd love one of those! Also all the coffee places.
I agree though with tk maxx as being great for designer stuff.
They do nice pants, wallets, belts etc too.

notnowImreading Tue 05-Jul-11 20:11:32

Some money in a card saying 'beer vouchers'?

Ryma Wed 06-Jul-11 15:22:06

Money or gift voucher?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now