Talk

Advanced search

Chalk and Cheese

(9 Posts)
mumsamilitant Mon 04-Jul-11 14:29:17

Hi All. Would like your opions on the following if poss.

My bf has a son the same age as mine, DS 13 and bf's son 14. Great I bet your thinking and so was I at first. Now a year later they are sooo totally opposite they dont want to do the same things at all. My DS wants to go play footie with the lads and bf's son wants to go shopping, my DS wants to watch action programmes, bf's son wants to watch Glee. Bf's son comes and stays a couple of weekends a month. Im finding it increasingly difficult to make my DS stick around and not bolt out the door to do things with his mates. He does as bf's son to go and join him all the time but he doesnt want to...

Ive just said to bf wee either plan an activity like piccys or the beach etc. or sorry, but I cant stop my son wanting to do his thing. Am I right?

Mind you then it does get a bit awkward to know what to do with bf's son!!!!!

mumsamilitant Mon 04-Jul-11 14:29:51

oops "ask"....

TrillianAstra Mon 04-Jul-11 14:32:34

Is BF boyfriend or best friend?

Either way, you can't make teenagers want to be friends. I don't really see what the problem is, it's not as if they are fighting.

mumsamilitant Mon 04-Jul-11 14:50:30

My boyfriend. His son comes and stays with us. The problem is as stated

TrillianAstra Mon 04-Jul-11 15:31:27

Why do you want your son to stick around? Are you sure that BF's son is actully bothered? Is he sad that your son has his own friends and activities, or is he happy to do his own thing?

TanteRose Mon 04-Jul-11 15:33:47

just let each of them do their own thing, they don't HAVE to do everything together, surely?

mumsamilitant Mon 04-Jul-11 15:45:56

Yes, thats what I thought. Will just have to tell boyfriend if my DS has something else to do then he'll have to take his one off somewhere. Just feel a bit awkward coz boyfriend relies a bit too much on me to be entertainments manager!!!!

mumblechum1 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:23:22

If your boyfriend's son is seeing his dad for contact, then ideally they should be spending that time one on one imo. Why doesn't your boyfriend just spend that weekend doing stuff with his son?

mumblechum1 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:23:56

I'm assuming your boyfriend doesn't live with you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now