Talk

Advanced search

My son has been badly beaten up : (

(33 Posts)
privatename Sun 03-Jul-11 17:15:29

he's 18,went out drinking last night and has been beaten up,had his head stamped on : (

He has a black eye,his jaw looks twice the size,his teeth hurt and he has general bruising.

No police were involved and he won't get medical care,feel so worried,have given him pain killers.

Feel so concerened that something bad could happen,hemorage (sorry can't spell that) or he might collapse? he's gone out into the sun now,telling me he'll be fine,he has work tomorrow,what will they think when they see his face?

oldqueenie Sun 03-Jul-11 17:46:45

why aren't police involved? why won't he get himself some medical help?

Marne Sun 03-Jul-11 17:51:38

I would try and get him checked out, a similar thing happened to me when i was 17 (got jumped on by several youths and my head was stamped on), the next day my head hurt so much and my eye sight went blury, i ended up having a brain scan after my mum persuaded me to go to A&E, luckily i was ok (just bruising and sligt concusion) but it could have easily been so much worse. We involved the police but TBH it was a waste of time sad. Hope your DS feels better soon xxx

noddyholder Sun 03-Jul-11 17:53:36

You need police and medical care. This happened to my brother at that age and he was having a slow brain haemmorhage! He was embarrassed and pretended to parents he had fallen and then he felt worse and was in hospital weeks. He has been left with tinnitus and hearing loss and a fear of it happening again and he is 30 now. Please get these animals dealt with

OddBoots Sun 03-Jul-11 17:53:49

He may be a bit shocked to contact the police at the moment (although it is worth another try to see if he will) but he may feel differently later so will he let you take some photos of his injuries?

hellymelly Sun 03-Jul-11 18:00:11

that is terrible,but he really needs to get checked out,why is he so against it? Does he know the assaulters? Is he scared of retributions if he speaks up? He could have a jaw fracture,or concussion,I would do everything to get him to A+E tbh.

mamalovesmojitos Sun 03-Jul-11 18:53:48

Your poor son and poor you sad. Those horrible animals angry how can people be so violent. I know he's an adult and you want to respect his wishes but he urgently needs medical attention. Please convince him.

lachesis Sun 03-Jul-11 18:55:07

If his head has been stamped on, he needs medical care now.

If he won't go, ring the police.

lottiejenkins Sun 03-Jul-11 18:56:51

He should go to the police,,,,,,,maybe they can get something from cctv??

mumblechum1 Sun 03-Jul-11 18:57:36

Agree he needs to go to Aand E to be on the safe side.

My ds was beaten up a few months ago when he was 16 and trying to stop gatecrashers nicking all his friend's things. He was checked out by the paramedics (friends called an ambulance) and they relocated his jaw on the spot (ouch). The police came but weren't interested even though some of the gatecrashers were known to the friends.

He had to get a tooth filled as it was broken.

Poor lad, hope he feels better soon.

activate Sun 03-Jul-11 18:58:19

Why won't he involve police or seek medical care - that sounds a little odd to me?

BluddyMoFo Sun 03-Jul-11 18:58:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

activate Sun 03-Jul-11 18:58:56

so I would wonder does he know them? was he doing something he feels bad about? were there drugs involved?

activate Sun 03-Jul-11 18:59:38

although all pretty irrelevant I suppose - you need to get him seen by a medic I think

AmberLeaf Sun 03-Jul-11 19:00:52

He needs to get medical attention urgently!

Let him know that even if its obvious that someone else has done this and a crime commited, it doesnt mean the police have to be involved if he is worried about it.

fastweb Sun 03-Jul-11 19:01:50

If he won't go to A&E is there any possibility of his GP coming out to see him ?

privatename Sun 03-Jul-11 19:07:58

sorry for late response,he doesn't say why he won't get checked out or involve police,he didn't know the person that did it and says he can't remember (he was very drunk apparently)

He doesn't want me to make a fuss,has managed to eat some tea tonight but was in alot of pain when chewing.

privatename Sun 03-Jul-11 19:10:04

This is one of the things i worry about most,they go out drinking and i worry that one day i'll get a call saying he's been killed,it makes me feel sick to my stomach when i imagine them stamping on his head sad

mumblechum1 Sun 03-Jul-11 19:10:58

He may have a dislocated jaw.

I'm afraid that 18 or no 18, I'd be forcing him into the car for a jolly evening at A and E. I doubt that he has concussion if he's talking and eating etc 24 hours later, but he should still be looked at.

Jaspants Sun 03-Jul-11 19:12:54

Please get him to get checked out. Head injuries can be life threatening, and need to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

privatename Sun 03-Jul-11 20:03:08

have tried,he's gone out again now,hardly ever at home,he'll come in at 10.30pm,go to bed then out to work in the morning.

privatename Sun 03-Jul-11 20:03:41

parenting is VERY hard isn't it? doesn't get any easier either.

Ponders Sun 03-Jul-11 20:08:17

no witnesses? sad

poor boy & poor you, this is one of my worst nightmares too. DS1 is 22 & DS2 is 18 & it only takes one idiot to cause massive damage.

hope he will recover fully.

There have been cases like this locally & as long as there are witnesses they are prosecuted, usually successfully

Cleverything Sun 03-Jul-11 20:08:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ponders Sun 03-Jul-11 20:09:40

CCTV? Does he know where it happened? Or when?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now