Advanced search

ds just gone for his first job interview <please hold my hand>

(11 Posts)
supersalstrawberry Tue 14-Jun-11 09:01:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

supersalstrawberry Tue 14-Jun-11 09:08:59

sharbie Tue 14-Jun-11 09:17:43

oooooo good luck to him smile how exciting.

mine has just slammed door on me and walked out to college with (another) tenner for (another) pair of shoes grrrrrrrr.

ggirl Tue 14-Jun-11 09:18:30

good luck to him
what's the job?

it's brilliant when they start earning

supersalstrawberry Tue 14-Jun-11 09:27:23

mummyflood Tue 14-Jun-11 10:49:01

Thinking of him supersal, hope it's good news by now, our 17yr old is bleeding us dry until he starts earning (fingers crossed at end of August) so I feel your pain!! Well done to him for getting an interview even, there's not much for youngsters out there, sending positive vibes to you! xx

supersalstrawberry Tue 14-Jun-11 10:52:04

tinkgirl Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:36

tell him that if they say this at his next interview i.e. more work experience then to offer to come in for a trial period (unpaid but a set time i.e. a week) so that he has the opportunity to show the employer what he can do. It will show the employer that he is serious about the job, how quick he can learn, but also he will get the some experience so if that job doesn't work out then he can talk about dealing with a difficult customer, handling cash, taking orders etc etc at his next interview.

mumblechum1 Tue 14-Jun-11 21:41:28

Good luck to him. I told ds I'd been along the High Steet today and saw five adverts in shop/cafe windows and that he should apply but he has no interest whatsoever as he doesn't need any money hmm.

11 weeks off now GCSEs are practically over, I've said he needs to at least do some voluntary work.

No bleeding work ethic, I was working 8 hours a day in a cafe from when I was 13 because my parents weren't stupid or rich enough to sub me.

Rod.

Back.

supersalstrawberry Wed 15-Jun-11 00:02:20

mumblechum1 Wed 15-Jun-11 06:59:46

Too right. He did at least have the decency to say yesterday that when the exams are properly over next week he'll do housework every day and volunteer at the children's hospice once a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now