Talk

Advanced search

Facebook: teen language and agression

(8 Posts)
mum2teen Sat 11-Jun-11 15:49:38

my just 13 year old son has written the most awful stuff on there following an argument - such profanities as we don't use and very agressive language too. i simply don't know how to deal with it. short term is easier of course, but he already knows how wrong it is as his friend had a similar episode recently and he knew what the consequences of that were.

cybbo Sat 11-Jun-11 15:50:31

Easy

get rid of facebook, or only let him go on it where you can see him

scurryfunge Sat 11-Jun-11 15:53:04

Are the comments directed at someone on Facebook? Or is he generally spouting off to let off steam? If he is directing them at someone then that is out of order and I would remove the computer for a while. Teens can find it hard to express themselves though. Is he performing well elsewhere?

Madlizzy Sat 11-Jun-11 15:54:13

Change his password.

mum2teen Sat 11-Jun-11 16:04:07

thnx for replies; comments are at someone else and yes I can ban computer etc but it's how to make him see how wrong it is - he shoudl know already...

Madlizzy Sat 11-Jun-11 16:11:24

I've just had something similar with DD but without the language, and via text. She was SO nasty to someone. I've taken away her phone and grounded her until further notice. I also gave her the bollocking of her life. She's 12.

MightyAphrodite Sat 11-Jun-11 16:22:26

My DS posted some really obscene song lyrics on fb. I was so ashamed because he's 'friends' with his aunts and uncles and they could all see and read it. He lost his computer privileges for a week.

IloveJudgeJudy Sat 11-Jun-11 19:40:18

Do not let your DS do this. Some people at my DC#'s school have done and were suspended for this. I would only let him go on Facebook, having banned him for a while, in future if the computer is in the same room as you are in. Let him know you don't trust him. It's not only DC who get suspended, but people can and have got fired from their jobs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: