Talk

Advanced search

DS 16th birthday

(10 Posts)
IdontknowwhyIcare Wed 01-Jun-11 15:57:50

What did you or plan to do for your teenagers 16th birthday? Is it still considered important? What kind of presents? Just any random thoughts. I havent broached the subject yet with DS but just want to get an idea of what the expectations are. Thankfully he has never seen my sweet 16th lol.

mumblechum1 Wed 01-Jun-11 16:41:36

For ds's 16th birthday I sent him and another 7 lads paintballing, then dh & I turned up with lots of food inc. hot and cold stuff to the picnic bit of the paintballing place.

I've always done proper birthday celebrations for him but he's the only one now, no one else seems to bother. Not planning anything special for his 17th.

Present wise, I don't go mad, as dh always blows hundreds on his christmas presents, so I spend maybe £100 on a couple of games, new phone, that sort of stuff.

eekamouse2 Thu 02-Jun-11 09:42:41

bumping for you

Loshad Thu 02-Jun-11 09:46:21

DS2 is 16 on sat, we are buying him a blackberry phone (not one of the very expensive ones) - it's the middle of GCSE's so he's not even having some pals round, his choice - presume he will do that once the exams finish.

Loshad Thu 02-Jun-11 09:48:04

though on the other hand he went to a girls 16th a couple of weeks ago - marquee, food, beer and wkds, djs from a radio station, pink glittery cupcakes - sounded like a sweet 16 party but they had all enjoyed it so i guess anything goes.

jgbmum Thu 02-Jun-11 09:50:25

DS2 was 16 a couple of weeks ago, he had some friends over on the Friday eve (GCSEs had just started so it was a nice way to finish the first week), and he is going paintballing with friends after the exams.

Maryz Fri 03-Jun-11 09:48:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

frazmum Fri 03-Jun-11 15:26:12

DD got the train to the beach with her friends (I paid for the tickets) and we organised a picnic to take with them. They had great fun.

IdontknowwhyIcare Sat 04-Jun-11 11:58:15

Thanks. @Maryz I for sure will NOT be allowing a party at home. he is the oldest and agreed I do not want the responsibilities for all those drunk and disorderly teenagers. Esp here where the drinking age is 21!!!

3boys1cat Mon 06-Jun-11 14:25:58

DS1 went to the cinema with three friends. We also all went out for a meal as a family. No Super Sweet 16 parties round here!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: