Talk

Advanced search

Wet dream - not even a teen yet?!

(10 Posts)
HeartBurnQueen Mon 30-May-11 21:39:15

12 year old just told me he had "a dream" and woke up with white jelly like stuff down there. First time it's ever happened. Jelly-like doesn't quite sound right to me but I suppose with him being so young??

Or is he having me on? There is nothing on the bed.

Saying that though I was only commenting a few days ago on how he's shot up a few inches lately so suddenly so could it co-incide?

Anyone any experience of this is such a young lad?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 30-May-11 21:47:00

Mine were about 12, 13 when they started, so yes, probably a wet dream. Your baby's becoming a man. smile

anewyear Fri 03-Jun-11 13:47:55

Yep mine too, hes 12, 13 in Sep.
We had a lovley 'chat' at 11.30 ish one evening, he came in woke me up and said he couldnt sleep hmm

smileANDwave2000 Fri 03-Jun-11 17:21:05

yep at that age our eldest started having them too just about the right time

ragged Sat 04-Jun-11 18:33:33

12yo is very average, from I can gather.
Time to teach him to wash his own sheets!

LynetteScavo Sat 04-Jun-11 18:54:31

OMG, OMG, DH told me this would happen.

I have a 12 year old. <runs off to stick head in sand>>

ragged Sun 05-Jun-11 11:07:31

<<Bossy moment>>
You need to get a puberty book to them (sold in Waterstones), with the gory details about this stuff, before it happens. They deserve to be prepared for what's happening to themselves and their peer group.

Jaynerae Mon 06-Jun-11 13:40:09

No No No No No No No No it will not happen - my little boy is 12 - it won't happen, it really won't, he can't grow up, he still loves a cuddle, chats to me, snuggles up on the sofa, he won't chnage and become, sob, a man, will he?

ragged Mon 06-Jun-11 13:53:04

He'll still want chats, cuddles and cups of tea, even when's a man, honest. I watched my mate hand-feeding her pet lummox 19yo son the other day, just because he's got a Uni offer and will be gone in a few months, I cannot tell you how much moaning she's done about him in the last 3 years, but just lately he's her little boy again.

Jaynerae Mon 06-Jun-11 14:11:56

OMG now I'm crying - Uni - he can't leave home, I need to have him near me so I can make sure he is OK!

No - Seriously - I went to Poly, so it was called in my day, and it was the best thing I ever did - really made me grow up and become an adult and I have always said if my DC's want to go they will have my support 100%.

But reading OP's first post has freaked me out that he is really and truly growing up, he is 12 and will start all this growing up stuff soon.

Scares me to death - I have no contact with teenagers, don't know how to talk to them feel very awkward with them and I felt like that when I was a teenager - so god knows how I'll cope!

Oddly enough not tooo worried about when DD becomes a teenager becasue I did all the girl stuff and feel I will be able to associate with her really well, but Boy stuff is foreign to me!

I am very naive, always have been, only ever had 1 serious boyfriend and he is DH of 20 years now! So am scared about how to cope and react in the best way for DS with all this growing up stuff - can't leave it to DH - he buries his head in sand worse than me, at least I pull mine up now and again to receive the shock of where we are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now