Talk

Advanced search

Really struggling with 11 yr old dd's behaviour

(3 Posts)
peacenow Sun 16-Jan-11 18:45:02

I'm at the end of my tether, every day is bad with her at the moment. She has 2 younger sisters who she's constantly mean to by using bad language, hitting, kicking and pinching. She is such hard work and if something doesn't go her way she will end up grabbing or pinching me. I've tried to discipline her by with-holding pocket money and treats etc but nothing seems to work. She talks in a very aggressive voice most of the time. She has no interest in school work and how ever much I try to help homework is always a battle. I know inside something must be really hurting her to cause this behaviour but I've tried talking to her and nothing seems to be obviously wrong.
Please can you suggest any ideas to try and make life more bearable with her. She is making me ill by her behaviour.

QODneystones Sun 16-Jan-11 23:13:49

DIdn't want to leave this unanswered. I have a 12 yr old dd - but she is an only so I don't have the issues you do.
I do know however that hormonally they are all over the place and become completely self'ish. Not selfish but all about themselves. They can't help it on the whole - but you have my sympathy!

maryz Mon 17-Jan-11 08:58:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now