Talk

Advanced search

excema & acne

(7 Posts)
GnomeDePlume Fri 31-Dec-10 16:11:36

DS (12) is suffering with both what appears to be excema and acne (his cup runneth over!). Does anyone have advice on how to approach this please?

Currently he is showering every day (teenage greasy hair) but we are worried that this is not helping the excema.

Any advice on products/process we could use please?

maryz Sun 02-Jan-11 14:40:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GnomeDePlume Sun 02-Jan-11 18:33:31

Thanks maryz. The acne is pretty widespread - face, shoulders and back. His older sister has similar skin though without the excema. I will make an appointment for him at the doctor.

maryz Sun 02-Jan-11 23:51:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GnomeDePlume Mon 03-Jan-11 01:35:06

Maryz - DD1 also suffers with acne. She had a fairly powerful topical lotion (sulphur based I think) from the GP. This ultimately seemed to do more harm than good. She is now a bit older and more self aware so is sensitive to how her skin reacts to quite subtle changes in her skin care regime. As a result she is controlling her acne very well.

DS isnt at this stage yet. His skin is so sensitive to changes in weather and also skin care regimes. He tried using E45 Itchy Skin on his arms but this just made him so sore he was in tears.

I feel so sorry for him and wish I knew more to help him. Our experience with GP for DD1 made us less keen to go back.

Thankfully my mother and DHs parents are very experienced so dont come out with the tripe about diet.

barry68 Tue 04-Jan-11 16:19:45

I know it's a bit expensive but Clinque do a bar of soap - they have produced it for 40 years. I was strongly encouraged to buy it by a friend. My 12 year old DD used it along with Zineryt prescribed by the doctors and occasional use of panoxyl also prescribed by the docs. She also uses the oil free, anti blemish moisturiser which balances the soap. Her skin is very clear now. Hope this helps. Good luck, there's nothing more demoralising than acne.

GnomeDePlume Wed 05-Jan-11 23:15:14

Many thanks Barry. As you say, it is demoralising.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: