Talk

Advanced search

Smoking

(4 Posts)
sixtyfour Tue 28-Dec-10 18:57:09

I am suspicious that my 13 yo son is smoking and hanging around with some not so desirable older kids. He assures me I can trust him and he has not been in any trouble, however I don't know whether to confront him or to just keep my eyes on him. Thoughts?

ragged Tue 28-Dec-10 18:59:31

I'm minded to say confront him; if you keep silent when he reckons that you suspect, he might interpret that as tacit acceptance.

PixieOnaLeaf Tue 28-Dec-10 19:03:27

Message withdrawn

Ooopsadaisy Tue 28-Dec-10 19:07:54

Smoking - have you smelled them on him? Found a lighter in his pocket? Fags in his bedroom?

Do you know these lads he's with? Where do they go - are they driving? Do they drink/drugs? Where are the friends his own age? Do any of their parents have similar concerns?

It all comes down to the sort of relationship you have with him.

My 14yo ds is doing ok and has a great group of mates who have spent most of Christmas on our snooker table and they are polite, respectful (very cheeky!!) and good company. I'd like to think we can talk about anything. Do you have that type of relationship or do you need to go about it a different way?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: