Talk

Advanced search

Office365/OneNote/OneDrive privacy - can other family members see my files?

(2 Posts)
purplegreen99 Tue 04-Sep-18 13:24:11

Bear with me on this as I know it's probably a stupid and basic question...

I have Office365 which the other members of my family have on their laptops, etc, but I pay the subscription. I just started using OneNote and noticed when I opened it that there was an empty notebook with one of my dc's names that I don't remember creating. Does this mean that when I use OneNote that the rest of my family can access my notes (& vice versa) because it's a single subscription that covers everyone's devices?

This has also got me wondering about OneDrive and whether all of my docs on there are accessible by others in the family?

I've been googling to find out how privacy works for Office365 and OneDrive but can't seem to find an answer to my questions.

It's not that I have lots of secret documents, just that I occasionally keep a Word diary that I don't want to be read by others (even if it's nothing very interesting) and things like Christmas present lists that I'd like to be secret.

purplegreen99 Tue 04-Sep-18 13:26:25

Not sure if I was clear enough. What I want to know is, does everyone using a family Office365 account have access to everyone else's files on OneDrive, or are they private to each user unless they choose to share? Hope that makes more sense.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »