Talk

Advanced search

HP printer worked fine on MacBook until I loaded HP drivers. Please help!

(4 Posts)
DeviceVice Mon 11-Dec-17 23:10:45

I had to load the drivers as the Mac default settings didn't include photo size or quality options.

But since doing so it only connects using a cable. The computer is 2011 but recently rebooked to high Sierra, and the printer is 2012 HP Photosmart 5515 (5510d version).

Any ideas what else I can do to be able to use the WiFi/ remote printing (Eprint I think it's called)? I'm a bit at all loss here.

I've been to HP website and downloaded latest drivers (no change).

MirandaWest Mon 11-Dec-17 23:14:51

Have asked DH (techy type). He suggests deleting the printer from the control panel and then start again.

He also says printers are arses although that's not much help grin

redcaryellowcar Mon 11-Dec-17 23:16:56

Not that I have a solution, but we have a relatively new home printer (bought September time) it prints fine on my Mac but tried to wirelessly connect it to a new windows laptop we bought more recently and it’s not playing the game at all!!

DeviceVice Tue 12-Dec-17 10:45:26

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.

Control panel is windows talk, I'm hoping I can somehow delete it from preferences on my MacBook. Not sure how I'd reinstall it though?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: