Talk

Advanced search

Can I tell if an email has been received?

(4 Posts)
SierraFerrara Mon 30-Oct-17 20:15:30

I sent an email from a hotmail account.
I know I can't tell if the recipiant has seen or read it but can I tell if it left the Hotmail server (I think that's the right term?). Can I find out if it arrived at the recipiant's company server?
It's showing in my sent items with no apparent problems.
Thank you.

Abijam Thu 23-Nov-17 21:06:56

You can't really tell if the other person has seen the email from hotmail. If the mail is on your sent folder and haven't returned back to your inbox, it would mean the mail has safely landed to the recipient's email address.

zanuda Wed 29-Nov-17 10:03:27

If the mail is on your sent folder and haven't returned back to your inbox, it would mean the mail has safely landed to the recipient's email address.
Not really. Sometimes e.mails just disappear... Not often though. Or sometimes you e.mail are blacklisted on the recipient's server. Or sometimes you mail is blocked by main spam filters. All these is before e.mail even hit the recipient mail box. So nobody would know. Neither you nor the person you're writing to. The best thing is the phone call. Second best is - simple text message, no images, no links from totally different system, let's say googlemail with a quesion "did you receive my mail sent on xx/xx/2017.

ddrmum Sat 03-Mar-18 20:30:40

For some strange reason I've found a load of important emails in my spam on my hotmail account so no guarantees. No idea why, no chanfe on settings - Just seem to have a life of their own!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: