Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kindle Fire 7 kids - worth it?

(9 Posts)
CWG17 Sun 15-Oct-17 14:02:47

Can I please ask for people’s thoughts and experiences using the kindle fire 7 for kids?

Is the app range decent? Can you access all android apps or only what’s on the amazon store?

How much is the annual fee after the first year?

Does it run the latest android software, is it fast etc? We had an android tablet years ago (asus transformer prime) which was ok but hardware got slow very quickly.

Would you recommend the 8 over the 7?

Please help! It would be a Christmas present for 3.8yo who is very good on the iPad already, but I want my iPad back! He mostly uses YouTube kids/amazon prime/Netflix, cbeebies games app, few other random kids games and we also have a video app on there for stuff we’ve ripped and added for when there’s no wifi.

Does it work with wireless headphones?

So many questions, thanks to anyone who has time to respond!

wizzywig Sun 15-Oct-17 14:13:03

Mines arrived today. I have 4 kindles at home. I got it because of amazons amazing insurance policy. They have replaced so many that the kids have smashed, drowned etc. They have an Amazon app store. It isnt as good as google or apple but for my kids and me its great. All the news, iplayer, cbeebies, youtube etc etc that i want. I havent tried seeing if i can get google play store app on it. Ive bought an sd card to increase the memory capacity. Ive bought the 7" as i cant bear spending £30/40 for 1 extra inch. I havent been asked to pay additional fees. I do pay for prime and thats it.
I think if you are used to apple/ ipads then yes its a step down. BUT kindles are so so much cheaper. The charger leads can be bought really cheaply.

wizzywig Sun 15-Oct-17 14:13:24

Sorry i shouldve put paragraphs etc in.

OnlyGodKnowsWhy Sun 15-Oct-17 14:21:02

You can put the play store on this tablet. All my kids have had one. This year I am upgrading as some of the games the kids want to play are very laggy. These are quite graphically intensive games though and for younger kids, the tablet is great.

CWG17 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:59:22

That’s great, thank you!

CWG17 Mon 16-Oct-17 10:24:48

Bump for any other opinions?

Abijam Tue 17-Oct-17 17:20:36

I got one for my DD from Amazon. She absolutely loves it. It has a parent dashboard too which is handy.

CWG17 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:28:06

Great, thank you. I think I’m convinced.

they are cheap enough - certainly don’t compare to the cost of a new iPad!

CWG17 Tue 17-Oct-17 20:28:55

Do they go on offer during the Black Friday/cyber Monday sales?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now