Talk

Advanced search

How do I use my Amazon Prime membership to watch TV?

(5 Posts)
taptonaria27 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:34:36

I accidentally signed up for years Prime subscription, I'm loving the free delivery and have found the music app for Sonos but I have no idea how to use it to watch films on TV, we have Sky and a Smart TVs although we barely use the Smart bit of the telly.
Can anyone explain in idiot's terms please?

Scrowy Thu 12-Jan-17 19:39:17

Depending on your smart TV it should be under something like Apps, alongside iPlayer/ Netflix etc. Once you have found the app you just need to log into your Amazon account through it.

Whisky2014 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:41:30

On the smart tv section of apps you will need to get amazon prime app and loginm its just like aceesing netflix. Or download amazon prime app to your phone, buy google chromecast which you plug into your tv and then you pick to watch something from your phone and cast it to the tv.
I think thr amazon fire stick is similar to chromecast althougn im sure if you have a smart tv you can access it directly on your tv.

gabster33 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:41:52

Samsung TVs have the apps - just watch it through that if it is one. Otherwise you may need a firestick or something like Kodi to watch it. I don't think it's on now tv and it's not on BT tv either

taptonaria27 Tue 17-Jan-17 17:35:41

I ended your watching a film on my iPad at the weekend as my Panasonic to does not have the app and I don't think I can get it on that tv. Annoying!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now