Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone built a website

(2 Posts)
thunderpunt Wed 06-Jul-16 19:22:23

Our company website was originally built by a friend of a friend. He's now gone AWOL and I am unable to make any amendments to it. I'm in the process of trying to sort out the domain hosting side of things (chap who built the website used to deal with all that and invoice us yearly, so I need to get our details as the people who pay the annual hosting fee etc)
So I am now looking at these Build Your Own websites such as Wix (I'm totally non-techy btw)
Has anyone managed to do this before? How easy was it really? What do you pay for exactly?
Any help or advice gratefully received
Thanks

n0ne Tue 16-Aug-16 10:38:47

I built a website for my wedding using Wix and it was easy as pie. It's mostly drag and drop boxes, then you add pictures, text and links inside the boxes. I don't think I paid anything, or maybe a nominal fee, I don't remember. Only thing is the options (fonts, how much you can fit on a page) were pretty limited, but maybe if you pay you get more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now