Talk

Advanced search

Baytomat or other EBay bidding apps?

(5 Posts)
leelteloo Thu 15-Oct-15 14:22:15

Hi, not sure if this is the place to ask this but do any of you use a snipping app for bidding on EBay? I keep loosing out in final seconds and someone said people are using an app. So I got one called Baytomat but I do not really understand how it works. Do you have to have the eBay app or the Baytomat app open? Obviously you have to be connected to the internet but does your broadband speed effect whether you win against someone using a similar app with fast internet? Does it bid for you leading up or just stick in your bid at the final seconds? Any advice in using these things would be great as I am fairly novice at EBay! TIA

ThereIsIron Thu 15-Oct-15 14:29:53

How are you "losing out" if you've already entered your maximum bid?

leelteloo Thu 15-Oct-15 14:36:17

Not completed a Baytomat auction yet, missed out on normal eBay auctions all the time trying to up my bid at the end. Was told about these bidding app and thought if you can't beat them join them but I am not really understanding how it all works?

ThereIsIron Thu 15-Oct-15 15:13:51

Stop trying to up your bid. Just put your max bid in at the start. Then you either win or you don't.

leelteloo Thu 15-Oct-15 15:40:08

I suppose you are right there is no advantage to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now