Talk

Advanced search

For the love of god help me, I dropped my iphone 6 in the loo and now the screens gone wierd. I think I'm actually going to cry.

(29 Posts)
MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 09-Jan-15 08:45:15

It looked fine when I put it in the airing cupboard last night. Screen still on and everything. Turned it off fine. Took it out of the cupboard this morning, it was really warm so I thought it must have dried out, went to turn it on and the screen didn't work, there was just this faded greyish tinge down one side.

I've fucked it haven't I? I cannot afford to replace it. Insurance won't cover it, will it?

Can I get it repaired?

I actually want to cry. My life is on that phone. It's all backed up and everything but I've only had it a couple of months. Fucking hell.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 09-Jan-15 10:22:29

I've just been and checked on it. The screen is emitting a greyish glow down the middle and it's very hot. I can't turn it off.

Bloody buggering bollocks.

differentnameforthis Fri 09-Jan-15 10:42:03

The rice things isn't a myth. Dh dropped him MP3 player in water & it didn't work.

I put it in rice overnigth & it worked perfectly the next day!

The rice absorbs the moisture.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 09-Jan-15 10:53:48

Ok, I'll try it. I'll try anything.

Just got off the phone from the insurance. A lovely man called Jim says he thinks it might be covered as we have extended accidental cover and nowhere does it specifically exclude phones or water damage. He's sent my details to their assessment team who will get in touch and take the phone for inspection.

I could really do without this today.

Thank god it's got icloud and all my pictures are backed up. We lost the dog last month and I've got lots of pictures of him on there. Thankfully everything has been backed up.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 09-Jan-15 10:58:07

It's in the rice. It's still quite hot. The screen is still faintly glowing.

I wish I hadn't turned it on but too late now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »