Talk

Advanced search

Upcoming tattoos.

(58 Posts)
MarsBarsAreShrinking Sat 06-Jan-18 09:59:25

Who has got a new tattoo planned soon?

I'm having a new one next month. I wasn't actually planning on it but my H is getting a much longed for one (a portrait of our dog) and it gave me tattoo envy grin so I've booked in at the same place as him on the same day. I'm having a pretty jewel design on my inner left forearm in black and grey, something like this (not with any date details though).

dustarr73 Sat 06-Jan-18 10:42:42

Very nice, in desperatefor a new tattoo.No money at the minute.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Sat 06-Jan-18 11:50:27

Yeah, that's the only downside isn't it; how bloody expensive they are. Luckily as this one is pretty small it's "only" costing £80 so I'm using my Christmas money from my mum & dad to pay for it. They will be pleased lol, NOT, they hate tattoos!

dustarr73 Sat 06-Jan-18 12:51:29

Im dying to start my other sleeve,but i need a good chunk of money and i have a communion this year.So maybe after that i will start saving.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Sat 06-Jan-18 15:46:57

I am fascinated by full sleeves. I'd love to see a photo of yours?
I'm not sure if I'd ever be brave enough to have one... they're a huge commitment aren't they? My artist that did my last one was looking for a volunteer a while back to have a Game of Thrones style sleeve... he was doing it free as he wanted it for his portfolio. I was hugely tempted but bottled it in the end as I didn't think I could cope with the pain...

dustarr73 Sat 06-Jan-18 18:21:17

My sleeve isnt completely finished still a few empty spaces.I get my son to take a pic and I upload it

FindoGask Sat 06-Jan-18 19:40:25

Next up is the top back of my right arm - I've booked with Danielle Rose, whose work I've followed for ages

www.instagram.com/daniellerosetattoo/

for a snake, I think. That's probably all I'll be able to afford this year. Last year was quite expensive, as had my backpiece continued down over my arse.

TooManyPaws Sat 06-Jan-18 20:06:04

I'm looking for one round my wrist, in writing but so it almost looks like jewellery from a distance. Probably not this year though due to house problems costing too much.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Sun 07-Jan-18 22:02:08

FindoGask your backpiece sounds amazing... how many hours in total did that take?

TooManyPaws damm real life getting in the way eh?

FindoGask Mon 08-Jan-18 09:41:29

MarsBars it didn't take that long: just shy of 20 hours in total, over three sittings. It's in traditional Japanese style, a red-crested crane and two big peonies. Mostly black and grey but the crane's crest and eyes, and the peonies are in colour. I was shy of continuing it too far down when I got it done, so it stopped just above my bum - but in such a way that if I did want to continue it, it could be added to. So now I've got two blackwork chrysanthemums, one on each bum cheek. Chrysanthebuns! That was about another 10 hours, so 30 hours all in.

TheHeraldOfAndraste Mon 08-Jan-18 09:48:33

I have a backpiece booked for the 20th of this month.

A pair of wings and some ivy in blackwork.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Thu 11-Jan-18 21:45:10

FindoGask 30 hours? OMG! Would love to see some photos.

TheHeraldOfAndraste that sounds lovely.

FindoGask Fri 12-Jan-18 20:26:47

I don't have a very recent picture of my back but I found this one from three years ago - took it to send to the tattooer to show him how it had settled in.

Here's a link to one of my chrysanthebuns after it was done! (quite a carefully cropped picture, no bum crack in evidence)

www.instagram.com/p/BTKHFQQhXKd/?taken-by=oliviachelltattoo

FindoGask Fri 12-Jan-18 20:30:21

My bare arm isn't so bare any more! and above the elbow is where my snake is going.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Fri 12-Jan-18 22:19:19

Wow. Just wow! That is absolutely amazing 😍 I am literally in awe of it!

MarsBarsAreShrinking Fri 12-Jan-18 22:22:01

That chrysanthemum is stunning, the dot work on it is just beautiful.

You should be very proud!

FindoGask Sat 13-Jan-18 06:50:43

ah, thank you! It wasn't much fun getting them at the time but I'm glad I did. Though I do mostly forget about them as I can't see them most of the time.

ToriaPumpkin Sun 14-Jan-18 21:26:26

I'm having a tiny bumblebee behind my right ear on Saturday afternoon, provided I don't pass out following the touch up on my hip Saturday morning grin

TheExecutionersBong Mon 15-Jan-18 13:13:37

I'm getting something very similar to this, bug personalised as members of my family, tomorrow! It's my second tattoo but I'm really nervous for some reason. Does everyone else get nervous before each tattoo? smile

TheExecutionersBong Mon 15-Jan-18 13:14:25

but not bug!

MarsBarsAreShrinking Mon 15-Jan-18 14:05:17

ToriaPumpkin - can I ask about touch ups? Do you pay for that? I need to get a few of my flowers touched up a bit as the colours underneath are showing through a bit and I'm just wondering what's the norm in these situations? Obviously I don't mind paying if I need to!

TheExecutionersBong that's really sweet... make sure you show us some photos when it's all done. Whereabouts (on your body I mean!) are you having it done? Re: nerves - I can't really remember for my first 3 as they were many, MANY (lol) years ago but for my most recent last year, yes I was a bag of nerves on the morning (despite it being in the planning for many months) and even had a few "what the fuck have I done?" moments afterwards. I think it's perfectly normal grin

MarsBarsAreShrinking Mon 15-Jan-18 14:06:45

FindoGask - not being able to see them is what puts me off having anything on my back! Daft I know; it's the perfect large area for a really amazing piece.

TheExecutionersBong Mon 15-Jan-18 14:13:02

MarsBarsAreShrinking on my shin. I shall no doubt be back tomorrow to show off show you all a picture grin

Cocolepew Mon 15-Jan-18 14:19:51

Im going to get the background on this changed. I was thinking roses.
I might ask for the symbol to be coloured differently too. It doesnt match my other 2 tattoos and I want it to tone in

Cocolepew Mon 15-Jan-18 14:21:01

That photo must have been straight after it was done, the purple has lost some colour now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now