Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

vaccine wihile trying to conceive

(5 Posts)
hooplahoop Tue 10-Nov-09 18:26:34

Hi,

My work is offering the swine flu jab this week. My thinking is i'd rather get the vaccine while its just me, not me and a bump,but typically the next 2 days is when I'm (hopefully) ovulating. Does anyone know if the the vaccine would not be recommeneded at this time/ could pose any risks?

Thanks

Besom Tue 10-Nov-09 18:36:29

I've no idea but I was in exactly the same position a couple of weeks ago and I decided to give the ttc a miss this month.

hooplahoop Tue 10-Nov-09 18:46:24

Thanks for replying - can I ask why?

Besom Wed 11-Nov-09 12:26:51

Just for my own peace of mind. I really have no idea about the actual risks, or whether or not leaving it for a month would make any difference to those risks, so I can't be any help to you there. I told the nurse I was ttc, and she just said 'oh well it's safe to give pregnant women anyway', so that would be the official line I suppose.

pofacedandproud Wed 11-Nov-09 12:30:56

I would just give ttc a miss for one month. it is only one month. Then you can have peace of mind, and get you and your potential baby protection. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now