Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Do i have this shite?

(16 Posts)
Kerrymumbles Fri 06-Nov-09 11:54:27

blinding headache, chills, aches, cough, sore throat, not much of a fever, sore gunky eyes, dark circles under eyes, nausea....

?

Kerrymumbles Fri 06-Nov-09 11:54:54

Kids have to go on tamiflu if they have it cause they have asthma and anaphylaxis to egg so can't get flu vaccine.

TheInvisibleManDidIt Fri 06-Nov-09 11:58:22

Get it to be on safe side for your boys? Are they ok just now?

Feel for you- hope it passes soon.

Ds2 just been sent home from school with sickness, headache, and he's had cold and sore throat for a couple of days now.

Come over here and have a duvet day with him and I'll feed you both soup and hot chocolate. smile

Kerrymumbles Fri 06-Nov-09 12:04:05

aaaawwww... love ya!

head is blinding. black circles under eyes. throat killing me.

just talked to gp. they want to see kids with symptoms before prescribing tamiflu but they're not sick yet.

ds1 sneezing all morning, diahhrea, that's it. ds2 nothing yet.

See ds2 and I had conjunctivitis so that's why I thought it was a cold....

Francasaysrelax Fri 06-Nov-09 12:07:24

Yup, sounds like you have SF Kerry.

Francasaysrelax Fri 06-Nov-09 12:08:26

It's awful. Best advise I got is to stay at home for as long as you possibly can.

TheInvisibleManDidIt Fri 06-Nov-09 12:13:10

Go back to bed woman!!

Dr's infuriate me- ok so you're really not well but you have to wait till your boys are really unwell too, which could potentially be very dangerous for them, then you have to get all 3 of you to dr's (and infect half the other patients) while feeling like death warmed up.

Ds2's temp is up to 39.1. Getting a bit worried sad

Lulumama Fri 06-Nov-09 12:13:41

DS probably has swine flu ATM. sudden onset of vomiting, diaorrhea, high temp, headache, sore throat, cough, tired, no appetite.

declined tamiflu however, doctor said he would not give it to his children due to the potential side effects, and DS does not have underlying health issues

he's feeling a bit easier today, temp reduced and staying down

hope you are all ok xxx

Francasaysrelax Fri 06-Nov-09 12:16:32

Tamiflu is not offered here in Italy, unless the patient has other serious medical conditions (like asthma).

Kerrymumbles Fri 06-Nov-09 12:53:36

yes both boys have asthma.

i have no temp though. at least i don't think so.

throat killing me now and glands are HUGE.

Kerrymumbles Fri 06-Nov-09 20:56:07

i feel like shite. sad

wingandprayer Fri 06-Nov-09 21:01:30

Sorry but I thought high temp wasbthr key symptom. Round here you have to have that plus at least two other symptoms to qualify for Tamiflu. Or at least you did in August anyway. You do sound really poorly though - I would see a doctor in case it's something else serious though. Insist it's not SF and get a proper check over.

I had it, all the symptoms except runny nose. Could not move for three days. Then got pneumonia. Deep joy.

wingandprayer Fri 06-Nov-09 21:03:06

Was the key symptom. Sorry. Wine plus phone keyboard

WowOoo Fri 06-Nov-09 21:07:28

We've all had it or similar and are all on the mend now. Hope you get better soon.

Strangely enough I was thinking about you the other day. (Your posts used to make me chuckle and I thought you'd left, that's all!)

hellsbelles Fri 06-Nov-09 21:09:11

sounds horrid Kerry. Wing - I heard that although it is one of the major symptoms - about 10% of people don't get the temperature...

TheInvisibleManDidIt Sat 07-Nov-09 14:45:42

how you feeling today kerry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now