Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this Swine Flu? What would you do

(4 Posts)
lifeistooshort Wed 04-Nov-09 11:46:03

This morning received a company wide e-mail that our office manager is off with Swine Flu.

Coincidentally I have been feeling a bit off. Very tired and cold in the past two days and this morning felt like a cold was coming down with a vague headache and sniffy nose.

To put my mind at rest that it wasn't SF, took my temperature and it said 38.3 which isn't massively high but means I can't have imagined it.

Since 9.00 am I now seem to have developped a bit of a sore throat and a bit of reflux. Temp now varies between 38.7 and 38.9 but really appart from feeling like I have a cold or headache I feel fine.

I have been actively TTC this month.

What do you think? Do I call the doctor or is he going to laugh at me. I don't really feel that bad and if I hadn't taken my temp I wouldn't have thought much of it.

Do I call the doctor? Do I get and take antiviral medication?

I am unsure as to what to do

Is it just a cold or do I have SF?

lifeistooshort Wed 04-Nov-09 11:55:08

bump

lou33 Wed 04-Nov-09 12:03:38

you can check your symptoms here

ds2 was diagnosed on monday with it, hope you feel better soon

lifeistooshort Wed 04-Nov-09 12:18:11

Thanks did it and it recommended I take antiviral drugs, but I don't want to take them unless I am absolutely 100% sure it is swine flu.

Called my doctor and he seems to think that my symptoms are not dramatic enough and that it might not be it.

I guess time will tell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now