Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Which vaccine have you had or will you be offered?

(10 Posts)
devotion Wed 04-Nov-09 11:08:32

Pandemrix or Celvapan

Thanks

mosschops30 Wed 04-Nov-09 11:14:24

I had Pandemrix on Monday

olivo Wed 04-Nov-09 11:48:48

I had Celvapan last week DD1 will be having this too in the next ten days or so.

PeachesMac Wed 04-Nov-09 15:53:09

Hi, I've had Pandemrix today. I'm 14 weeks pregnant.

devotion Wed 04-Nov-09 16:51:28

olivo - did you get to choose this one or is it because you are allergic to egg or its just the vaccine your surgery has?

sorry for all the questions x

thanks to the other too!

agedknees Wed 04-Nov-09 17:48:04

I had Pandemrix on Monday. I had normal flu jab 2 weeks ago.

My colleagues had their 2 shots together today.

GuyFawkesIsMyLoveSlave Wed 04-Nov-09 17:49:50

I was asked to put the DCs into a study to compare the two, which would have got them a random one, but haven't done it. I'm not likely to be offered for aaaaaaaaaaaages.

olivo Wed 04-Nov-09 17:57:35

no choice; Celvapan being given by the hospital- pg women and new mothers, GPs are getting Pandemrix I think. My DD will be getting Celvapan (i think) via her preschool. they are starting general children's ones next week.

devotion Thu 05-Nov-09 19:13:48

olivio - more questions for you so are you saying you can choose to have it from the hospital or your gp?

i wonder why some parts of the country are doing this and some parts only offering the Pandremix to all pregnant women, we should have the choice really.

olivo Fri 06-Nov-09 08:36:56

no, as i understand, where i live, (not UK!) the hospital is giving celvapan to pg women and new mothers (me!) and it is being given to school children by medical teams going in. GPs are, i think, calling up high risk groups and eventually others and they are giving pandemrix. i suppose if i wanted Pandemrix, I could have waited till i could get it from my GP.
I definitely wanted celvapan, would prob not have had one if it had been Pandmerix, same for my DD - she will be getting hers ( Celvapan) next week. I agree, pg women particularly should have a choice but i can see how difficult it could be for health authorities if they let people choose when supplies are limited.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now