Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What stage is the vaccine programme at in England with swine flu??

(4 Posts)
idobelieveinfairies Wed 04-Nov-09 11:00:05

We live in the channel islands and all school children are being offered it here from next week.

Just wanted some advice/opinions on whether you have had/will be getting your children vaccinated. We have to decide by next Tuesday.

olivo Wed 04-Nov-09 11:56:49

I have just signed DD1's consent form. I have researched a lot and while I am still doubtful about how soon/badly it will spread here, we will be going to england and abroad in the next few months - i also have DD2 toi think about. i researched it quite a lot, and had mine done last week.

i think the info evenings will be quite helpful - public health have been helpful too.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 04-Nov-09 12:34:30

Well, there isn't even vaccine for those at risk in our area at the moment (other than hospital based people). Apparently once the 500 doses/gp practice is delivered then they will start allowing pcts to buy in more.

Am desperate for dd to have it.

Elibean Wed 04-Nov-09 13:52:12

We're in SW London. Our local surgery started on Monday, and both dds and dh had theirs on Wednesday....but my brother's surgery (in neighbouring borough) thinks it will be 2-3 weeks.

Very much depends on where you are, I think!

I'm glad my dds have had it. There are confirmed cases (privately swabbed, I think) at local schools and they both have asthma, dd2 also has a narrow airway.

My SIL also really wants to have it, being very pregnant and having two children at school with (again, confirmed) cases - but she has to wait till their surgery is ready. Not easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now