Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I have been called for the jab against swine flu

(8 Posts)
Fabster Mon 02-Nov-09 14:03:03

My instincts are saying not to have it.

What have other people decided to do?

I used to have the annual flu jab as I have asthma but have missed some due to being pregnant, breast feeding and because I felt terrible after one time.

I just feel it has been rushed out too much and don't want to have it.

brimfull Mon 02-Nov-09 14:06:10

I am going to have it. I also have asthma and have already had one nasty chest infection this autumn and def don't want that again.
Have had flu jab for a few yrs now with no ill effects.

Am still not sure whether ds should have it as he has asthma reacts quite badly to vaccines.

neenykeeny Mon 02-Nov-09 16:56:32

Am 35weeks pregnant with number 3 and am definately not having the vaccine or giving it to my children,saw my consultant on Thursday who also agreed with my decision" off the record".I might have a different opinion if we could choose the mercury free vaccine, but i find it highly worrying that GSK have immunity over the vaccine and it hasn't been tested thoroughly enough,I don't think it helps that they are trying to scare pregnant women into being vaccinated!!!

Fabster Mon 02-Nov-09 17:55:15

I just feel it has been rushed out and how can it possibly have been thoroughly tested? I am not 100% healthy at the moment and would rather take my chances tbh.

AliGrylls Mon 02-Nov-09 18:29:35

Does anyone actually know what the official advice is? One of my friends has asked me if I know and I actually have no clue.

ThePhantomPlotter Mon 02-Nov-09 19:29:48

I've just had my appointment letter through.

Have no idea what to do, I'm 16 weeks pregnant and am prone to hideous chest infections in winter.

Have read a shed load of research and am still non the wiser.

Fabster Mon 02-Nov-09 19:59:04

I think if I was pg I would be weighing up the risk of the jab to the baby against what would happen if I did get SF and how that would effect the baby.

Elibean Mon 02-Nov-09 20:00:55

My sil is 35 weeks pregnant and definitely wants it - but can't have it for another 3 weeks at least. I don't know what I'd do, tbh...dh has had it (asthma) and both dds (asthma) and they've had no ill effects, but they, of course, aren't pregnant.

Why oh why isn't the mercury free option available to pg women?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now