Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What do you think?

(5 Posts)
Claire2009 Sun 01-Nov-09 22:25:42

I'm aching everywhere, my hips/knee joints/legs/back/arms/head feels heavy.
Temperature has stayed at 39.9 despite taking painkillers.
Constant headache.
Really thirsty, not hungry at all.
Dizzy, sitting down/standing both as bad as each other.
Cough (but we've all had that for about 8 days now)
Going from boiling hot to shivering.

DD has the same symptoms, DS is fine. I called the helpline yesterday and she said it's saying just to rest and anti-virals aren't recommended. The symptoms I have came in a day...

What do you think?

mumofom Sun 01-Nov-09 23:12:52

claire2009 i had those symptoms in sept, (except cough came after flu-like aches had eased of. I started off feeling very tired, dizzy, as if i had been knocked over by a train, pounding headache like never before and nausea. I din't phone my GP til a few days later and they said very likely to be SF but I was never swabbed. Told to treat it like you would do seasonal flu - take fluids, paracetamol, rest, tlc etc. It was after about 5 days theses symptoms eased and the cough started leading to secondary chest infection. Doc heard some crackles in my chest and it took 3 lots of AB's, lasting weeks to feel better again. Get it checked out, it certainly sounds like SF. Good luck

Claire2009 Sun 01-Nov-09 23:36:29

just called sf line again, man said anti virals WERE recommended and the code was given, it was not so had to call out of hours doc, waiting on call back now to see what they say, stupid idiots

mumofom Mon 02-Nov-09 08:57:16

i would def take tamiflu if they offer it. I didn't phone GP (didn't phone SF helpline)til day 4 of symptoms and although GP thought it very likely to be SF said that Tamiflu really only effective witnin first 48hrs. If i were you i would get started on them asap. Best of luck, hope you feel better soon.

Claire2009 Mon 02-Nov-09 12:08:27

The lady didnt do her job on sat she told me i had viral when in fact the code came up! I called sun and was told the code was already given and to call my doc, called doc this morning nothing on system, so had to call swine flu people again and demand a code/answers, got one for myself and DD (3yo) DS (2yo) seems ok for now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now