Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does tamiflu work within hours? Or was it never actually sf?

(4 Posts)
Crumplet Sun 01-Nov-09 20:05:38

DD2 17m was not well on Friday and Saturday - clingy, with snotty nose, cough, bit of a temp, not wanting to potter about, loose stools. She ate and drank and perked up with Calpol, but was up on and off both nights needing Calpol and cuddles. This morning (Sunday), her temp 38.2 would not come down with Calpol/Calprofen, she was deathly pale but flushed, she didn't want to eat or drink, she want very sleepy - falling asleep in the middle of books and cuddles- and basically slept all day. She only woke up to scream and cry. She seemed to have a sore tongue and explosive diarrhoea. I had never seen her like this and was quite scared. We did the swine flu checker and picked up tamiflu which we gave at about half three (what a struggle!).She slept on, waking up at six for some tea and juice. At seven she woke up, looked totally fine, laughed, drank milk had a bath, played with her sister and went to bed as if nothing had ever happened! Does tamiflu work this fast? Or was it never sf in the first place?!

pofacedandproud Sun 01-Nov-09 20:47:02

Hard to know. I was told it wouldn't work that fast but who knows. Glad she is better. DD going through something similar at moment.

Musukebba Sun 01-Nov-09 22:07:50

Sounds v quick to me It's not a magic potion and you might expect it to improve things after a day or so... but not in a matter of hours.

Glad your DD bounced back so quickly, whatever the remedy

Crumplet Tue 03-Nov-09 21:14:38

Thanks. Well it was a false dawn.. she slept all night, and then was exactly as poorly all day monday! Think tamiflu probably helping though.. Slightly better today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now