Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

another, is this sf thread/////

(28 Posts)
ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 17:27:38

have had troub;e breathing for the last 24 hours, feeling exhausted but put that down to not being able to breath well (if I breathe in too far I have to cough)
I had a difficult night coughing so DH left me to sleep this ornign but when I got out of bed at 10.30am I felt like I had been run over achey and my joints hurt like nothing I habe experienced
took my temp it is 38/5 in my armpit (couldn't keep in in my mouth long enough without coughing)

The only advice I can find on the net is about sf what shoud I do if it is normal flu or something else.

stinkypinky Sun 01-Nov-09 17:32:07

Phone NHS 24 to clarify what it is, then come back to MN.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 17:48:51

they have said that becaise i tick 2 or more of the obxes we should reta as if sf

stinkypinky Sun 01-Nov-09 17:52:40

Makes sense. Hope you are soon well again.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 17:54:33

tbh sp i was wondering what else it could be...

Flightattendant Sun 01-Nov-09 17:55:35

Sorry you feel so rough Greyskull.

Fwiw that SF checker thing is bollox, ds has something entirely different but becos of cough and temp, it was SF automatically...take the tamiflu if you feel dreadful enough, but do it quick, for best effect.

Hope you're better soon x

Flightattendant Sun 01-Nov-09 17:56:48

Tell you what, ring your out of hours. They will be far wiser than NHS direct ime. and might even come and see you with a mask grin

It could be summat else of course it could

sounds horrid though.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 18:01:28

thanks FA
I thik I am going to sit it out this evening with paracteamol and nurofen and if am still feeling like this in the morning will call GP

if it is sf sghould the bioys go to school tomorrow?

Flightattendant Sun 01-Nov-09 18:03:32

Hmm not sure about that. I think so. They will be safer there grin but ring school if you are concerned, and deffo keep them off if you need someone to change the channels on the tv for you.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 18:05:27

grin praise the lord for the laptop and the humble remote control.

LeninFawkes Sun 01-Nov-09 18:06:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 18:09:37

thanks lenin,
I just know nothing about viruses.. will let the boys go to school if they are well tomorrow (will also allow me to rest)

LeninFawkes Sun 01-Nov-09 18:43:04

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sun 01-Nov-09 20:37:02

temp has come down a bit now just under 38 feel a bit more able to sit up.

thanks for the kind words today..

LeninGuy Sun 01-Nov-09 20:40:07

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 02-Nov-09 08:55:04

temp is down to 37.9 today, still feel very very achey.
am still in bed dh doing the school run.
hope this wears off soon!

LeninGuy Mon 02-Nov-09 08:58:50

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 02-Nov-09 16:04:52

temp back up past 38, have taken some paracetamol. feeling a bit sorry for myself now

LeninGuy Mon 02-Nov-09 16:11:33

frostyfingers Mon 02-Nov-09 17:37:24

Have you had dodgy stomach yet - my sister and nephew have both had SF and this was a prominent symptom......

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 02-Nov-09 20:04:23

no dodgy stomach but haven't really eaten since saturday morning. totally gone off food. drinking ribena and water with the odd cup of tea.

Elibean Mon 02-Nov-09 20:46:55

Greyskull, if thats over 38 under your arm, you probably have something a fair bit higher in ear/mouth. No wonder you feel rubbish. Definitely alternate nurofen with the paracetamol, and if your chest hurts/coughing green stuff then worth getting someone (brave grin) to listen to it in the morning - just in case you have a chest infection on top of whatever virus it is.

Poor you, lots of fluids and sympathy...

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 02-Nov-09 22:22:07

thanks elibean,

I have stopped feeling so achey, temp down to 37 again not sure if that is due to paracetamol.

am also not feeling so sleepy heres hoping that the worst has passed. Cough is driving me mad though

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Tue 03-Nov-09 16:50:12

ok so I overdid it this morning, felt good so up and about and cleaned the house and took the kids to school,
sat with friend who is having a difficutl time at the moment then it was time to pick DS2 up from playgroup.
I think an early bath and early bed is in order.. feel crap..

frostyfingers Tue 03-Nov-09 17:30:50

Steady on there - you've been ill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now