Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How do you do 'isolation' when you have children?

(2 Posts)
SheWillBeLoved Fri 30-Oct-09 21:34:59

I have a 3 month DD, and was just sitting here wondering what the hell I'd do if I caught SF. Her dad got the boot when she was 2 weeks old, and I'm alone with her. My mum lives 10 minutes away, but is constantly babysitting nieces and nephews and is getting on a bit now, I'd feel awful not only being separated from her for a week (eyes are stinging with tears just thinking about it!) but I'd also feel awful for my mum if she has to take her for the week although I'm sure she'd love it!

Has anyone with children, younger or older, isolated themselves or their children from their home until they were better? How the hell, practically and emotionally, did you manage it? blush

EldonAve Sat 31-Oct-09 12:06:02

I think the idea is to isolate your household from the wider community so you and your baby stay home

You don't send the baby away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now