Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Last week DD had a sickness bug with high temp, today she is not well again

(7 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Wed 28-Oct-09 16:08:41

She has temp of 39.1 with a sore throat, sore head and no energy. is it lingering from what she had last week or is this something new. I am not allowed to go into work in case it is Swine Flu but is that what it is and will we all get it???? Need to know whether to phone gp or not?

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 28-Oct-09 16:12:47

Anyone??

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 28-Oct-09 16:16:14

Sounds like something new but as to what it is...? Does her temp come down ok with calpol? Tonsils up?
If she doesn't improve or seems to get worse then phone your gp I think. The problem is, there is still the usual collection of autumn bugs as well as the flu about so its really difficult to tell.

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 28-Oct-09 16:18:24

Hhhhhmmmm this is why I dont want to phone my gp. I think she may have tonisllitis (she is prone to it and her breathe really smells) but if I take her to the gp they will just assume it is swine flu and treat her for that. Everything seems to be swine these days.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 28-Oct-09 19:15:28

not necc. true. A few weeks ago I asked for a telephone consult, told gp dds symptoms (cough, high temp, bad headache) and he asked to see her in case it was tonsillitis or a chest infection. We did have to sit in a little room on our own but he saw her and ruled out the obvious before declaring it a 'virus' (and saying that it was inflaming her asthma)

So, explain the symptoms, say it follows her usual pattern of tonsillitis and ask for an appt. gp will be able to tell in a couple of seconds whether tonsils are involved or not.

Good luck and hope she feels better soon

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 28-Oct-09 21:07:30

Thank you for that. She woke up and demanded dinner then had some fruit then collapsed in a heap on the couch. She is now in bed again so we shall see what tomorrow brings.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 29-Oct-09 08:10:24

That sounds a little better how is she this morning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now