Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SF vaccine and breast feeding - advice please

(3 Posts)
olivo Wed 28-Oct-09 09:28:52

have also psted in bf topic but really need some advice so here as well!
Where I live (not UK!), women with babies 12 weeks and under have been offered the swine flu vaccination in this 'phase', along with pregnant women. I think I have decided to have it. No one has been able to answer my question about breast feeding when you have had the injection - is it ok to feed after having it or will the thimerosal or anything else pass into the breastmilk (would it be better to 'pump and dump' for 24 hours and give expressed millk to allow it to pass out of my system?)
really hoping someone might have advice; my GP and the bfc seemed unsure.TIA.

Hulla Thu 29-Oct-09 18:05:15

Have you tried calling LLL for advice? Did you get a response on the BF boards?

olivo Thu 29-Oct-09 20:53:20

Hulla, thanks for responding. nO, didnt think of LLL. Did get one response on BF board, thanks. Found out today that it is the Celvapan (sp?) vaccine they are giving, which doesn't have thimerosal in it, so am much less anxious. will give LLL a call tomorrow though, if i get the chance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now