Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The ph one diagnoser says I have SF. Got tamiflu. Just not sure!

(6 Posts)
MamaG Sun 25-Oct-09 11:52:46

I don't have a cough
I do ache all over esp joints
bad headache
hihg temp (was shivering uncontrollably 1st day, now boiling hot)
Glands up and painful
blocked nose
sore throat
SO tired, just slept for 2 hous this morning
I feel a bit dopey (dh said "whats the diff?" <punch>)

I do feel really really bad, ubt I am walking around and eating (albeit not hungry, just eating small meals so I don't faint)

how can I be sure t his isn't just a v bad cold? instincts tell me its more than a bad cold as I feel so shite, but surely I'd be so weak I'd be laid in bed if I had SF?

CymbidiumHybrid Sun 25-Oct-09 11:55:01

I've had this and DH is in bed ill at the minute.

Neither of us had d & v so we think it is just a bad bout of cold. I would think that you would indeed be laid in bed if you had swine flu.

Hope you feel better soon.

PacificWerewolfwoohood Sun 25-Oct-09 12:00:48

SF for most people has been a fairly mild illness; miserable, but mild.
I actually think you sound like you may well have Influenza and about 80% of circulation Influenza A in England at the mo is H1N1, so SF is not unlikely. Tamiflu will shorten symptoms and may help prevent complications. It's main side effect is nausea. Depending on how you feel, you may of course decide you do not wish to take it.

Hope you feel better v soon. If it is any consolation, SF has a sudden onset, 5-7 days of misery, then sudden recovery. So it should not drag on forever if it is SF.

HTH smile

MamaG Sun 25-Oct-09 12:04:06

thanks both.

memorylapse Sun 25-Oct-09 12:10:55

you may have SF but without a swab its hard to know..DH, the two ds's and DD have all been ill this week with SF symptoms..but we dont know for sure that it was..GP didnt prescibe Tamiflu as said that none of them were in the risk group..with all of them onset was sudden with a very high temperature, DD;s was 39.4..but they all seem to be on the mend although Dh is complaining of breathlessness so is going to the GP tomorrow

MamaG Sun 25-Oct-09 12:15:12

it's a PITA

the phone woman said I had to go to GP as well as take the tamiflu as I have "complicatiosn" but I dont' know what.

Oddly, I have TONS of saliva

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now