Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

dd day 3 of Tamiflu.. ishe is much much better today after a week of being poorly, do I finish the course of tamilflu even though she seems better?

(8 Posts)
cheekysealion Fri 23-Oct-09 13:40:54

thankyou

kando Fri 23-Oct-09 13:54:28

Were you told to finish the course? If you were, then yes I think you should carry on giving her the tamiflu (in the same vain as finishing a course of antibiotics).

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Fri 23-Oct-09 13:55:24

we were told to finish course too.ds2 took ages to get better!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 23-Oct-09 13:58:54

Absolutely finish it! You don't want to encourage the flu to become resistant to it, that would be bad news.

psychomum5 Fri 23-Oct-09 14:19:29

the only reason to stop would be in cases of side effects, as per the advice we were given with DD3 (she was in hospital last weekend DXd with it).

cheekysealion Fri 23-Oct-09 14:21:55

thanks all will carry on til the end... she says it tastes awful and dreads me giving it to her... but i am now putting on yoghurt smile

Jujubean77 Fri 23-Oct-09 14:23:00

if you have started you must finish, she may take a turn for the worse v quickly

pofacedandproud Sat 24-Oct-09 13:00:52

please finish it, otherwise the likelihood of the virus becoming resistant to Tamiflu is much more likely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now