Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD just been diagnosed with swine flu and I'm 31 weeks pregnant

(6 Posts)
jumblies Thu 22-Oct-09 21:11:54

DD has just been diagnosed with swine flu and I am currently 31 weeks pregnant. She is on the mend but I'm just wondering if it is worth me contacting my gp to ask to be vaccinated or not hmm

Totallyfloaty35 Thu 22-Oct-09 21:16:17

Are you showing any symptoms? I thought it was most contagious when person first got it,so if she is on the mend and you are ok you may not need to be vaccinated as you may not get it anyway.

jumblies Thu 22-Oct-09 21:26:09

I have a headache and feel rundown but that is probably because I've been running around after DD. She's had the symptoms for over 5 days now, so perhaps it will pass me by...

memorylapse Thu 22-Oct-09 21:29:30

I would contact your gp for advice..my two ds's and dd have all been ill this week with syspected swine flu and so has DH..Im 12 weeks preg with underlying health probs so was worried, rang my gp and she basically just said they wouldnt recommend anything unless I was showing symptoms, then they would give anti virals..

jumblies Thu 22-Oct-09 21:40:11

thanks memorylapse, will ring them in the morning.

ReneRusso Thu 22-Oct-09 23:23:17

Sorry for you jumblies. The incubation is generally about 2 days I believe, so hopefully you have escaped it. However, you might be able to get Relenza as a preventative measure, ask your GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now