Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Inflammatory arthritis and rheumatic diseases and pan flu.

(7 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 18-Oct-09 20:41:45

Might be worth reading if you have lupus or an inflammatory rheumatic disease. It is an American cdc recommendation.

cdc recommendations

I know that I get hit hard by infections that most people shake off (and they flare my arthritis badly) but thought I was just a wuss rather than it possibly be being made worse by my arthritis. Had no idea that I might be considered in one of the risk groups.

Hope this is helpful to others

pipWereRabbit Sun 18-Oct-09 23:51:38

Thanks for posting that - I have SLE, so am glad I'm aware now.
GPs have always told me that I don't need the usual flu vaccination as I'm not at risk - so I was assuming the same applied to swine flu.

Thanks again

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 19-Oct-09 12:00:51

You are welcome

jomalone Tue 20-Oct-09 22:02:19

thank you for this, I have sjogren's, had wondered if I was in an at risk group but hadn't had the guts to look into it!
not good as my job is very public facing but not NHS, but think I do now hope that they offer me the vaccination in due course!

cakeywakey Tue 20-Oct-09 22:08:55

Oh poo, thank you OhYouBadBadKitten, will be popping into my surgery tomorrow.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 21-Oct-09 18:22:30

Good luck, I'm guessing this one might be down to sympathetic gps if we aren't in the official guidelines.

zonedout Wed 21-Oct-09 21:29:01

interesting, thank you OhYouBadBad. I have psoriatic arthritis as well as a 12 month old ds2 with asthma so looks like i should be joining him in the queue...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now