Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

5 yr old ds had swine flu since Tues. Constipation

(5 Posts)
BernieBear Sun 18-Oct-09 13:09:22

Hi there. My ds has had swine flu since Tuesday (was a bit iffy on Monday) but has not poo'd since Monday (it is now Sunday) I tried Lactilose but he has vomited it up both times and he is now refusing to take it. I popped to the Pharmacy today and they gave me syrup of figs and after a few hours of battling he is refusing to take this too (and frankly I can't say I blame him) - have tried warm baths, gentle tummy massages, hot water bottle, knees to chest, but we are not getting anywhere.

I am really concerned now as he is getting pain. Clearly I will get him to a doctor tomorrow, but wondered if anyone had any further advice for me. It has been a very long week. Thanks

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 18-Oct-09 16:28:21

Is he managing to drink plenty of fluid?

eleanorsmum Sun 18-Oct-09 16:45:54

is he on tamiflu? dd is and she's not been since taking it either. she has history of constipation so not surpirse but am feeding her lots of fruit and good things like that. also dried apricots which usually do the trick iyswim!

BernieBear Tue 20-Oct-09 14:25:04

Sorry for the delay in replying - ds now has a chest infection too. He has been drinking but prob not enough. He has not been taking the Tamiflu, it was in tablet form which he refused and also there were additional concerns about it's affect on asthmatics.

Doctor prescribed more lactulose and he promptly was sick again, so have stopped.

He is eating apples, and also likes bananas but these can cause constipation so haven't allowed these. He doesn't like any other fruit.

Am just continuing with the fluids and a bit of tummy massage and crossing my fingers.

supersalstrawberry Tue 20-Oct-09 14:30:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now