Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swine flu or not???

(7 Posts)
tink123 Sun 18-Oct-09 10:51:51

Hi dd (7yrs) came down with sudden throaty/dry cough and temp of 39 at 5 yesterday morning. She is shivering on and off, tired (lot more than usual) however saying that she is still lively and jokey at times. Having full whack of neurofen and calpol and temp has not come below 38.

She has regular colds but has not had temp with cold for over 2 yrs. She is drinking loads but not eating, is this like you/your dc had with sf

tink123 Sun 18-Oct-09 10:52:34

What times do you give tamiflu if you are giving it to dc.

ReneRusso Mon 19-Oct-09 14:33:06

Yes it sounds like swine flu. Get tamiflu straight away if you are going to use it (I didn't give it to my DCs though). She should be better in a few days.

tink123 Mon 19-Oct-09 17:02:13

Her temp is gone this morning, ended up not giving tamiflu. Not so sure it is sf now. She still has cough and is off her food

tink123 Fri 23-Oct-09 13:33:49

does this virus ever go away. Temp down since Monday but now looks loaded again with horrible cough and run down. Think it must have been sf.

cheekysealion Fri 23-Oct-09 13:39:31

sounds like my dd at start of week
she has had tamiflu for 3 days now and has finally ate egg on toast today...

Heated Fri 23-Oct-09 13:47:37

This has been my dcs in the past week and I think it's SW. And in that case nursery is full of it and so is school.

Exactly the same symptoms as your dd Tink: temp, cough, shivery, runny nose, napping on and off but mine are still eating and playing. Inconsistently we've gave ds Tamiflu last week since he's been the one with the two day temp, whilst haven't with dd as she seemed to cool down quite quickly, only to get hot again the next day, by which time too late to use Tamiflu.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now