Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine flu, how long did your temperature last?

(6 Posts)
Gotte Sat 17-Oct-09 12:59:40

Daughter has had suspected swine flu for a week now - temp mostly 38-39.5, bad cough, blocked nose, gets shivery when has temperature, but no real aches and pains or upset stomach.
Thing is, though the temperature has lessened in frequency, down to needing Ibuprofen once a day now, not three times, and it doesn't get over low 38s, it's still there. This is her eigth day with it.
The official website says to take to the doctor if symptoms are getting worse after seven days, which they aren't, really.
My worry is that it isn't swine flu but something else like maybe a urine infection, which is being masked by the cough and the snotty nose.

So, anyway, back to the original question. How long did your swine flu temperature last? anyone, especially those with kids, have experience of it longer than a week?

Many thanks.

whomovedmychocolate Sat 17-Oct-09 20:52:36

My temp was up and down for nine days. But I had a secondary lung problem. Would suggest you wait till Monday and if it's still around give the GP a call just in case. How old is she - could you take a urine sample in?

Gotte Sun 18-Oct-09 09:05:22

Thanks for that. She's seven. I also was thinking of taking her on Monday. What was your secondary problem. Was it an infection, or something like asthma?

whomovedmychocolate Sun 18-Oct-09 09:48:09

Partial pneumothorax (collapsed lung) left side. Apparently it's quite common in old people but not so much in healthy 30 somethings shock

Gotte Sun 18-Oct-09 16:34:00

Wow, serious. I had pnumonia with plurasy last winter and that was bad enough, but a collapsed lung. Nasty.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 19-Oct-09 08:10:46

Gotte - actually it wasn't too bad. I'm very fit so I got over it fairly quickly but I was turning an interesting shade of blue when I coughed shock

Having said I'm right as rain now. So that's comforting that people can get over even complicated SF.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now