Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

SF in a 10 week old

(3 Posts)
MrsThePoint Fri 16-Oct-09 22:20:56

My 3 and half year old has been diagnosed through the website with SF and we are happy to give him the Tamiflu as he is really hot and unwell, and reducing this by even a day will be worth it!

However, we have a 10 week old and have been advised to keep them in different rooms, as it’s an airbourne virus. Surely it's just a matter of time before she gets it, so how can we tell if she gets it? She’s just so little.

High temp I can tell, obviously, but the other symptoms, headaches etc. how will I know?

OK, I sound daft, but I am a bit worried.

whomovedmychocolate Fri 16-Oct-09 22:23:28

Not necessarily - we've had it and DH didn't get it and DD only got it very slightly.

You will tell by lots of extra sleeping, high temp and a cough.

Make sure you clean all hard surfaces regularly (as in four times a day) with soap and water or detergents to stop you carrying the virus on you to your baby.

Try not to worry too much, it may not be swine flu and in any case, it does pass fairly quickly (though it doesn't feel like it when you are in the midst of it).

MrsThePoint Fri 16-Oct-09 22:25:15

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now