Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How long did you cough last with swine flu?

(7 Posts)
orangehead Fri 16-Oct-09 19:45:36

I am on day 9 and the dc are on day 6. We all tons better than we were although not 100 % but still coughing away, infact think cough is getting a bit worse. What point should we be concerned and possibly need antibiotics or can the cough last a while

whomovedmychocolate Fri 16-Oct-09 22:32:32

I got a secondary lung infection which was diagnosed on day 8 and went on for....well it's just going now three weeks later. If after a week your symptoms are getting worse not better you should call your GP.

GoppingOtter Fri 16-Oct-09 22:33:57

i read cough not often evident with swine flu but sorry not had it so rubbish

whomovedmychocolate Fri 16-Oct-09 22:37:29

Well mine was clinically confirmed rather than a pic-n-mix flu centre diagnosis and we were told cough was v common hmm

Such a lot of information around, I'm not sure anyone knows anything. However I was getting dizzy through lack of oxygen and turning very pale so worked out I wasn't getting better on my own (was the first time I sought medical help - figured there was no point if it was just flu for the first week).

eclipse Fri 16-Oct-09 23:19:52

My cough came on a few days after temp went down, although chest had felt bad since I had the temperature. Chest infection diagnosed a few days later but it was obvious from the symptoms of chest pain, relentless coughing and 3 days without sleep, gunge and feeling breathless. The antibiotics are helping but it's slow improvement. Ds had a bad gunge-free cough and no chest infection and is also improving slowly. My doc says the cough is fairly typical and slow to go.

orangehead Sat 17-Oct-09 10:10:10

Thanks. Was starting to feel quite breathless last night so was a bit worried. Not really getting much sleep as I am coughing most of the night and also hearing the dc coughing whilst they asleep. ds1 has asthma and history of pneumonia x2, so its worrying. Anyway cough seems a little easier with me this morning. So I will just keep an eye on things

ReneRusso Mon 19-Oct-09 14:30:28

I think I coughed for about 3 weeks in total.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now