Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swine Flu Trial - has anyone taken part?

(7 Posts)
hellopanda Sat 10-Oct-09 19:43:28

OK - I have been invited to get dd vaccinated tomorrow as part of the trial. Am in two minds as she's very fit and healthy, but I'm expecting my second in January and don't really want either of them to go through flu.

TBH I don't want to hear any scare stories/conspiracy theories, as I've read just about every other thread. Just want to know if anyone has actually done it and how their little one reacted, i.e. fever etc.

Thanks - I know this has been done to death already, but now the trials have started, just want to see if anyone's involved....

whomovedmychocolate Sat 10-Oct-09 19:45:00

Do a search we were talking about this a week ago. I pulled DD out of the trial (and ironically we contracted swine flu a couple of days later) hmm

MinkyBorage Mon 12-Oct-09 23:43:50

We're in the middle of it atm. Took a lot of thinking and worrying about, but in the end it just felt likt the right thing to do. Know that's not a commonly held view.
DC had their first jabs on Friday, and their temperatures are a bit higher than normal, 36.8 ish as opposed to 35.4 ish, but no other probs so far.

What did you decide to do?

cyphercat Sat 17-Oct-09 13:27:42

We will be going to trial this coming Monday. Please let me know how your little ones are doing after the vaccine. Thank you.

MamaGoblin Thu 22-Oct-09 19:27:43

We just got a postcard in the mail offering a place to DS on the trials at Oxford. He's 19m. I've been fretting about the chances of him getting it, knowing he wasn't in one of the groups to be done first (despite being in an acknowledged higher risk group due to his age). And now we have a chance to get him vaccinated and I'm still wibbling back and forth!

I know it's bloody stupid and not the issue, but aside from any possible side effects, the trial also involves two blood tests and I just don't know if I want to put him through three appointments, two jabs and two blood tests. <wibbles>

Has anyone else been invited and is not sure what to do?

Janus Fri 23-Oct-09 20:33:05

Just been invited too for my dd3 17 month old, as part of the trial and, as you say mama, I'm wobbling back and forth as it involves blood tests as well as 2 vaccinations. My dd1 had to have blood tests when she was about 2 (suspected poisoning, long story) and it was horrific, couldn't find veins in either wrists and then tried both feet and still couldn't get it, would hate for dd3 to be subjected to this.
HOWEVER, if she does get swine flu and is, god fobid, very ill how would I feel then?
My dp is away at the moment and have decided he can have the final say when I discuss with him when he's back!
Hello, what did you do in the end?

Conundrumish Sat 24-Oct-09 20:39:53

My son's friend has - not aware of any side effects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now