Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

can you have swine flu , without the cough?

(4 Posts)
drlove8 Wed 07-Oct-09 15:17:33

done online checker and it gave me a reference number for tamiflu prescription...then i noticed it was for england only.
redid the online thingy on scotland site , and it told me to drink fluids and take paracetamol....hmm
dont have cough though.... cant get doctors appointment. should i go to out of hours doc? or phone nhs 24?

Elibean Wed 07-Oct-09 18:49:12

Some people seem to develop the cough after a couple of days. Do you have high temp/headache/sore throat?

Poor you, either way. Do'nt go to doctor's, phone nhs or out of hours to discuss on phone!

drlove8 Wed 07-Oct-09 22:52:02

Elibean , yes yes and yes - and ive got really sore ears too , shivering one minute ,too hot the next... i cant eat , have stomach pains(possibly from not eating)and i ache all over.
temp was 38.8 earlier ... but managed to get it down for now.
its my kids im worried about tbh...this is horrid..i hope i dont pass it on... dd4 wont be able to fight this sad.

Elibean Thu 08-Oct-09 11:23:43

drlove, that sounds horrid, you poor thing...and sounds v scary re dd4, why are you extra worried about her?

Did you call dr?

If dd has health problems, you should be able to get Tamiflu for her. It needs to be taken as soon as possible after symptoms start, so keep an eye out but FWIW I've seen lots and lots of posts where one or two members of a family have had flu (of whatever kind) but not all. Its not a given that your kids will catch it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now