Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

swine flu in dd1's class....do i keep them at home or what?

(4 Posts)
cutekids Tue 29-Sep-09 18:25:57

DD1 (11)came home from High School yesterday and told me that they were having to use anti-bacterial soap as there is "a bug" going round the school.
She woke up this morning with a sore throat but I sent her to school.
She came home and told me that one of her classmates has definately got swine-flu.(one friend's mother was talking to her mother apparently).There's been no letter of warning etc. Do I send my kids to school or do I keep them off?

LIZS Tue 29-Sep-09 18:30:31

If they are going to catch it it will already be too late. If you keep them home now for how long would you ? I'm not sure they would send a note home this far into it.

herbietea Tue 29-Sep-09 18:31:13

Message withdrawn

janeite Tue 29-Sep-09 18:41:55

I think you should send them to school.

Schools are extremely unlikely to be closed due to swine flu and since cases are likely to be staggered, you can hardly keep them off until everybody is clear.

You wouldn't keep them from travelling a bus, or going to a restaurant, or whatever but the risks are equal I guess. You can't hide them from everything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now