Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Could it be??? Or just bad cold? had forgotten to even be worried about swine flu

(8 Posts)
LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Fri 18-Sep-09 16:56:26

DD woke up in the night after being perfectly well all day, with a barking cough, hot, snotty and sort of writihing around and hard to calm down. got her off to sleep after 3 hours and she woke through the night , coughing, wheezing and crying. DS woke up ver snotty and sneezy, but now seems ok

Dh has had a horrible cold this week, so on balance am thinking htey both have a cold now, but DD was suddenly ill and hot

she seems a bit perkier this afternoon, had a long sleep before after calpol and no fever now ,but v v snotty and a bit wheezy

what to do , if anything?

LoveBeingAMummy Fri 18-Sep-09 17:01:44

I've had a similar thing with my DD but i'm a day ahead.

The chemist said i needed to call the flu hotline, i thought that was stupid so did the online assessment and it gave me the code to get the swine flu drugs sad PLUS told me to call NHS Direct. Spoke to a nurse who basically said not to get them just yet and to see how she was in the monring due to the symptoms dd was showing. Today her temp is the high 37, down from 39 yesterday. So i won't be getting them or giving them to her.

The symptoms you've said are ones she was asking asbout but my DD didn't have them all, its your call.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Fri 18-Sep-09 17:03:45

Hmm. I have had DD3 off school today with a feverish cold, been lying on the sofa sleeping on and off all day.
DD2 was off-colour this morning and has come home from school feeling nauseous, headachy and dizzy.
I am using Calpol and keeping a watching brief and suggest you do the same. AFAIK, SF also involves in D&V as well as a very high temp. So look out for those.

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Fri 18-Sep-09 17:18:23

definitely no D&V and suddenyl got no worse

will see wht happens, certainly not ill enough to call docs at this stage

Jumente Fri 18-Sep-09 17:26:03

Poor babies, sounds horrid sad

Fwiw ds1 and ds2 have both had horrible snotty colds and coughs for about a week now, and now I am getting it too.

No fever, just that dry feeling and a bit annoying.

Hope they perk up soon.

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Fri 18-Sep-09 17:27:18

i think it is probably a nasty cold that mine have got.

hope everyone's poorly little ones are better soon

clouiseg Fri 18-Sep-09 18:24:52

My 6 month old DD started vomitting feeds last night and seemed really grumpy. Was unsettled all night (normally sleeps through) and seemed worse today.

Main symptoms are:

Hot (calpol & ibu keeping it below 38)
Coughing
VERY snotty
Sneezing
Lots of runny nappies
Off her food
Grumpy
Sleeping a lot today

I rang NHS direct and GP who were unanimous as apparently, the runs and the cough are less likely in common colds at this age.

HOWEVER...the process of getting her treatment is another story....(see my thread above this one in Swine Flu talk)!!

Good luck and if in doubt...check it out!!

All the best for all the poorly lo's and mummys! xxxxx

LuluMamaaaaarrrrr Fri 18-Sep-09 18:44:27

hope she is on the mend soon

am pretty much convinced it is not swine flu as DDs temp has stayed down without calpol since luncht time, and so has DSs, although they are couging/sneezng etc, must just be a regular bad cold

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now